Aitaniitty Rental Hut
Oulu region and Kainuu, North Ostrobothnia, Municipality of Kuusamo, Oulanka National Park, Mataraniemi-Jäkälämutka Canoeing Route.
Canoe 2 days + rental hut 1 night 150€, next days 100€ (canoe+hut).
The hut is available for reservations from 1 June – 31 August.
- A heating stove, a gas cooker, mattresses.
- There is a sauna, a campfire site and a dry toilet at the yard.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Please do not leave any litter or other traces of your stay. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Oulanka National Park Map
- Rukatunturi–Oulanka outdoor map, 1:50 000
- Karhunkierros trail hiking guide and map, 1:50 000
- The hut is only accessible by canoe: below Kiutaköngäs Rapids, paddle downstream for 16 km.
- There is no well at the hut, so you must bring your own drinking water.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- Pets are allowed.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm!
Maintenance and Management
Oulanka National Park Camping Ground (in Finnish, oulankacamping.fi, Liikasenvaarantie 137, 93900 Kuusamo, tel. int. +358 (0) 44 740 0001 and +358 (0)400 188 049.