- Address of the islands: Vallisaari and Kuninkaansaari, FI-00860 Helsinki.
- Google Maps (www.google.fi)
- WGS 84 lat: 60.136678 lon: 25.009579
- Vallisaari and Kuninkaansaari are managed by Metsähallitus.
- Telephone: +358 20 639 4729
- E-mail: haltia(at)metsa.fi
Directions and Maps
Vallisaari and Kuninkaansaari are located in Helsinki, next to the Suomenlinna sea fortress, 20 minutes by boat from the Market Square. A water bus will take you to Vallisaari, from where you can walk over to Kuninkaansaari along a neck of land, much like a breakwater. Before visiting Vallisaari, please familiarise yourself with the rules and regulations that apply to the area.
By Water Bus
- JT-Line operates water bus service between the Market Square and the Vallisaari main jetty from May to September:
- Every day from 1 May to 30 September 2018
- For the water bus schedule and fares, consult (www.jt-line.fi)
- The water bus service operated by JT-Line leaves for Vallisaari from the Market Square. On its way back from Vallisaari to the Market Square, the water bus travels via Tykistölahti bay in Suomenlinna. If you wish, you can disembark at Suomenlinna, and take a later connection from Suomenlinna to the Market Square.
- The last connection of the night from Vallisaari to the Market Square may be crowded. However, everybody who arrives in time on the jetty will get transport to the mainland.
- JT-Line operates water bus service between Hakaniemi and the Vallisaari main jetty
- Aavalines operates between the Market Square and Vallisaari (Torpedolahti)
- Every day from 18 June to 19 August 2018. Later in the Summer and early Autumn (20.8.-30.9.2018) Aavalines operates on Saturdays and Sundays.
- On its way to Valliaari the water bus stops by the Suomenlinna Island.
- For the water bus schedule and fares, consult (www.aavalines.fi, in Finnish)
By Own Boat
- The excursion harbour subject to a charge in Vallisaari is located in Torpedolahti bay. Overnight stays are permitted in the excursion harbour, the cost is EUR 15. A day time stay, a five-hour visit costs EUR 7.
The excursion harbour and the Harbour café can be reached by telephone on +358 40 755 1130
- Location: WGS 84 lat: 63.66727 lon: 25.01025
- Nautical charts series A and B; shoreline map 18; port map 191.
- Depth of fairway : 3 metres.
- Number of berths: 48.
- Buoy and boom mooring.
- Kayakers can land in the Torpedolahti excursion harbour or at the Vallisaari main jetty, in addition to the sandy coves located next to the Luotsitalo pilot house.
- The location of the Torpedolahti sand cove: WGS 84 lat: 60.13766 lon: 25.00998
- The location of the Luotsitalo sand cove: WGS 84 lat: 63.66727 lon: 25.00720
- Entering the restricted area in southern Vallisaari and landing there is prohibited under threat of penalty.
By Taxi Boat
- Taxi boats are available by advance booking for small groups.