Customer Service and Guidance
- Teijo Nature Centre in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi has a hiking themed exhibition.
- The Nature Centre also provides the customer service for Teijo National Park, has products on sale, boats to rent, and fishing permits on sale.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the Teijo National Park
Meals, where to buy and prepare
Shops and Restaurants
- There is Restaurant Brukinranta in the village of Teijo
- There is a small grocery store in Teijo
- There is Restaurant Ruukin Krouvi in the village of Mathildedal
- There is Restaurant Matildan Marina in the village of Mathildedal
- There is Cafe Kyläkonttori & Puoti in the village of Mathildedal
- Teijo Visitor Centre in the village of Mathildedal
- In total, there are 14 campfire sites in the National Park. Alongside each lean-to shelter, there is a campfire site. Lighting campfires is not allowed during a forest fire alarm.
There are three cooking shelters in the National Park:
- Kavanderinlahti cooking shelter is located in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi, about 150 m from the parking area.
- Kariholma cooking shelter is located in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi, about 400 m from the parking area.
- All the facilities of Kariholma cooking shelter have been constructed especially for the disabled: the barbecue and cooking shelter, the firewood shelter, the dry toilet, the fish cleaning shelter, the boat stage, and the camping site. In addition, there is a row boat with backrest for rowing at the lake.
- The cooking shelter of Lake Hamarinjärvi is located in the northern end of the National Park, at Onnelannummi camping site, in the northern part of Lake Hamarinjärvi.
During a forest fire alarm, lighting campfires is allowed only in the cooking shelters.
- There is a tap at the Nature Centre.
- There is a tap at the cooking shelter of Onnelannummi (in the northern part of Lake Hamarinjärvi).
- There are no waste-bins in the forest. Taking unnecessary waste into the area sould be avoided. You can burn those articles which can safely be burnt at the campfire sites, and leave biodegradable waste in the dry toilets. Please take all other waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking without littering.
- There are two waste disposal points in the National Park. One is at the camping site of Onnelannummi in the northern part of the National Park, and the other in the parking area in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi.
Toilets and WC
- There are dry toilets at all the camping sites and campfire sites. There is a wc at the Nature Centre.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
There are seven lean-to shelters in the area. The facilities include campfire sites, firewood shelters, and dry toilets. The lean-to shelters are located at:
- Roosinniemi, at the eastern shore of Lake Matildanjärvi
- Viksbäckinlahti, at the northern shore of Lake Matildanjärvi
- Isoholma Island, at Lake Matildanjärvi
- Teerisaari, at the southern shore of Lake Puolakkajärvi
- Endal, at the northern shore of Lake Puolakkajärvi
- Kalasuntti Island, at Lake Sahajärvi
- Isoholma Island at the sea, in the middle of the open water area of Teijo
It is recommended that camping takes place at the lean-to shelters because there are campfire sites and dry toilets. Camping is not allowed in protected areas, swimming places and near residential buildings.
For scouts and other larger groups, there are special a camping area at Onnelannummi.
- There are two fishing cabins similar to lean-to shelters, Vaappu and Lippa. Both can accommodate 10 people. (Reservations: Lomarengas Oy)
- In Kirjakkala iron works milieu, four old buildings have been renovated to offer accommodation of high level.
- Insinöörintalo has conference and dining facilities for 24 people, and two rooms which can both accommodate two people.
- Patruuna has conference facilities for 40 people, and three rooms which can accommodate two people each.
- Patotalo has four rooms for two people each, and a toilet, a bathroom and an equipped kitchen.
- Ylätalo has two apartments for four people each, and both of them have a toilet, a bathroom and an equipped kitchen.
- In addition, there is a separate building with a sauna and a sitting-room with a fireplace.
- Reservations: asiakaspalvelu (at) ruukkikyla.fi
- There are 19 places with electricity for caravans in the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi. These places can be rented from Teijo Nature Centre.
- Caravan parkings pricelist 2017:
- Mon to Sun: with electricity 25 e
- 3 days: with electricity 68€
- Week: with electricity 150 e
- Season permit 6 month: 29.4. - 31.10.2017 800 e
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- Rental cottages: Meri-Teijo Center.
- Guestharbours are located in the villages of Mathildedal and Teijo.
- The nearest camping ground is Vuohensaari in the town of Salo.
- Hotelli Ruukin majatalo, in the village of Mathildedal
- Matildan Marina, in the village of Mathildedal
- In the town of Salo, 20 km from Teijo, 27 km from Mathildedal.
- You can rent a row boat, or a canoe from Teijo Nature Centre. More information on row boat rental from Teijo Nature Centre. More information on canoe or kayak rental from Extreme Fun (www.extremefun.org, in Finnish), tel.int. + 358 40 522 6325, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In 2017, the prices for the row boat rent are the following: 3h/9€, 6h/12€, 12h/18€, a day/25€.
- Bicycles, both for children and adults, and a variety of games (i.e. forest golf, pétanque etc.) can be rented from the Nature Centre.
Renting the sauna
- In Teijo Nature Centre, you can rent a sauna that is located in the shore of Lake Matildanjärvi, approximately 250 meters from the Nature Centre. The sauna has a large patio, and two sides with a 8 persons sauna, a shower room, and a changing room.
- The sauna is rented hourly between 12 am and 11 pm. The last turn is from 10 pm till 11 pm.
- In 2017, the prices for the sauna are the following: public hour sauna/10€/person, 1-6 persons/35€/hour, over 6 persons/60€/hour and over 20 persons/10 €/person/hour.
Services for the Disabled
- In the southern part of Lake Matildanjärvi, there are parts of the trail network constructed to be accessible for wheelchair users, for example the ancient shore of Jeturkasti (0,7 km) can be reached by wheelchair.
- All the facilities of Kariholma have been constructed especially for the disabled: the barbecue and cooking shelter, the firewood shelter, the dry toilet, the fish cleaning shelter, the boat stage, and the camping site. In addition, there is a row boat with backrest on the lake. Kariholma is located at the shore of Lake Matildanjärvi, in the southern part of the National Park, about 400 metres from the parking area on along a gravel trail. Opening the gate: tel.int. +358 (0)44 330 0082.
- Accommodation suitable for the disabled can be found in Patotalo in Kirjakkala.
- Outside the Nature Centre, there is a toilet for the disabled. Teijo Nature Centre is accessible by wheelchair along a ramp.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- The nearest bank, shop and taxi are found in the village of Teijo.
- The nearest pharmacy is in the centre of the municipality of Perniö, 16 km away, and the nearest pharmacy which is open out-of-hours is in the town of Salo, 20 km away.