Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
Meals, where to buy and prepare
- There is a cafe in Heretty during summertime. You can also hire a row boat, a canoe, a kayak or accommodation.
- Opening hours in 2017:
- Opening weekend 29.-30.4. and monday 1.5. 11-18
- In May: Saturday-Sunday 11-18. Monday 1.5. and Thursday-Friday 24.-25.5. 11-18
- 1.-18.6. Saturday-Sunday 11-18
- 19.6.-6.8. Tuesday-Sunday 11-18
- 7.8.-15.10. Saturday-Sunday 11-18
- 16.-17.10. Monday-Tuesday 12-17, Saturday 21.10. 11-16 and Sunday 22.10. 12-18
- 28.-29.10. Saturday-Sunday 11-18
- Groups may visit also at other times. Reservations by advance to phone +358 400 999 393.
There are no shops in Isojärvi area. The nearest shops can be found in Länkipohja and Kuhmoinen.
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Kannuslahti: a cooking shelter and a campfire site,
- Kuorejärvi: a campfire site,
- Vahterjärvi: a campfire site,
- Lortikka: a campfire site on south side of Lake Lortikkalampi,
- Kalalahti: a campfire site and
- Renusaari: a campfire site.
When the forest fire warning is in effect, fire lighting is allowed only in the built fireplace of the cooking shelter in Kannuslahti.
- There is a well at Heretty cabin, the water has been tested and suitable for drinking.
- Surface water, such as water from lakes, rivers and brooks should be boiled before drinking, because the quality of the water varies in different areas.
- There is a recycling point in Heretty behind the horse stable.
- There are no waste-bins in the forest. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Of the waste that accumulates during your trip, you can use campfire sites to burn those articles which can safely be burnt, and leave biodegradable waste in the dry toilets. Take all other waste out of the area.
- Read more about Hiking without Littering.
There is a dry toilet at each campfire site. In addition, there are dry toilets at parking areas of Heretty and Huhtala.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
In the National Park, overnight stays are allowed at
- Kuorejärvi lean-to shelter and camping site
- Vahterjärvi lean-to shelter and camping site
- Kalalahti lean-to shelter and camping site
- Renusaari lean-to shelter and camping site
The facilities of these sites include a dry toilet, firewood, axe and campfire site.
- Lortikka loggers´ cabin and Luutsaari rental hut. Bookings via Metsähallitus, Tel. int. +358 206 39 5270 (tue-fri 10:00-14:00), seitseminen(at)metsa.fi
- Heretty Rental Huts 1 and 2. Bookings via Heretty cafe, phone +358 400 321 655 or +358 400 999 393.
Caravan tourists can stay at Heretty parking area, but there are no special services.
There are two row boats at Kalalahti Bay on Lake Isojärvi (price 13 € / day). There is a canoe and a kayak by the Kannuslahti bridge on Lake Kurkijärvi (prices 20 € / 2 hours or 30 € / 4 hours).They can be rented at Heretty Cafe, tel. +358400 999 393.
Services for the Disabled
There are no services for the disabled in the National Park.
Services for Boaters
There is a parking area and boat launching place in Nokipohja, North-West to Huhtala croft.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
The nearest banks, post offices, health centres, pharmacies and petrol stations can be found in the municipalities of Länkipohja (www.langelmaki.fi, in Finnish), 14 km, and Kuhmoinen (www.kuhmoinen.fi, in Finnish), 17 km.