- To the northern part of the park turn from the road 22 (Oulu - Kajaani) to the road 8293 going through the village of Ahmas, where you find signs to the park.
- To the southern boundary of the National Park you get by driving on the road 8794 to Neittävä, where you find signs to the park.
- Driving directions to Liminka Bay Visitor Centre.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
By Public Transportation
On weekdays there are a few daily coach services to Rokua Healt & Spa from Utajärvi, Oulu and Vaala. Timetables (www.matkahuolto.fi)
Starting Points for Trails
Good starting points are, for example
- Rokua National Park parking areas on the Keisarintie (Emperor's Road, southern side of the park) and Pooki (northwest side of the park)
- Information Center Suppa
- Rokua Health & Spa
- Hotel Rokuanhovi
- Rokuan leirikeskus, Rokua YMCA Centre
- Rokua National Park parking area on Keisarintie (the Emperor's Road), southern side of the park
WGS84-coordinates N 64.54879 E 26.49744
- Pookivaara parking area on the north-west part of the National Park
WGS84-coordinates N 64.57084 E 26.48992
- Rokuan Health & Spa, Kuntoraitti 2, Rokua.
- Hotel Rokuanhovi, Jaakonjärventie 43, Rokua.
- Rokua Camping Centre (Rokua YMCA Centre), Salmisentie 300, Rokua.
- Information Center Suppa (www.rokuageopark.fi), Jaakonjärventie 2, Rokua.
- Terrain map R433 Vaala, 1:50 000. Maps are sold by well-stocked bookstores, Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Maastokartta: Terrain map no 3423 04 Rokuanvaara, 1:20 000. The map can be bought from Karttakeskus or the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Terrain map 3423 Utajärvi, 1:50 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus, the National Land Survey of Finland and by well-stocked bookstores.
- Rokuan ulkoilukartta: Rokua outdoor map, 1:20 000. The map can be bought from tourist services in Rokua, such as Rokua Health & Spa, Hotel Rokuanhovi and Information Center Suppa.
- Rokuan latukartta: Rokua skiing trail map, 1:20 000. The map can be bought from tourist services in Rokua, such as Information Center Suppa.
- Outdoor map Vuokatti ja Kainuun kansallispuistot (Vuokatti and Kainuu National Parks), 1:25 000. Karttakeskus 2015. Map is sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Retkeily GT Itä-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland East, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points