Reposuo s located on the east side of main road 73 ( Joensuu - Lieksa - Nurmes) about 10 km east of Lieksa. Lieksa is 95 km from Joensuu, 190 km from Kuopio and 180 km from Kajaani.
- From the direction of Lieksa
- About 2 km south of the centre of Lieksa turn onto road 522 (to Ilomantsi) and follow it for about 7 km. Then on the east side of Pankakoski turn left onto road 5224 (Ruunaantie road). Drive along road 5224 for about 2.5 km to reach Anttonen parking area or 5 km to Ulkkajoki parking area. Both parking areas have Reposuo information boards.
- From the direction of Pankakoski
- About 2 km south of the centre of Lieksa turn onto road 522 (to Ilomantsi). Follow the road for about 5 km and turn left towards Pankakoski. Follow this road (Pankankoski road) for 0.4 km and then turn left onto Ruukintie road. The name of this road changes to Niskatie road after passing an intersection. Follow Niskatie for 0.7 km and then turn to Niskanranta. About 800 m down the road leading to Niskanranta you will come to Kiviniemi parking area. There is an information board for Reposuo at the parking area.
- Kiviniemi parking area is 3 km from the centre of Pankakoski Village and 10 km from the town centre of Lieksa.
- Diections to Ruunaa Visitor Centre
By Public Transportation
- On school days a coach (www.matkahuolto.fi) travels from Lieksa to Pankakoski, which is 3 km from Kiviniemi parking area.
Starting Points for Excursions
- The Ulkkajoki (Ruunaantie, Lieksa), Kiviniemi and Anttonen (Ruunaantie, Lieksa) parking areas.
- More precise parking area addresses are not available. Parking area addresses are in Finnish to be used in navigators.
- During winter the road is ploughed only up to Ulkkajoki parking area.
- Terrain map P544, 1:50 000. The map is sold by the National Land Survey of Finland and Karttakeskus.
- Reposuo map approximately 1:15 000 (A3). The map is sold by Ruunaa Visitor Centre.
- Terrain maps 4332 02 and 05, 1:20 000. The maps are sold by the National Land Survey of Finland and by well-stocked bookstores.
- GT tiekartta Itä-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland East, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Forest map 5-8, 1:250 000. The map is sold by Ruunaa Visitor Centre.
Map Sales Points