The National Park is situated in the north of Ring III Road (Kehä III), between the main roads number 1 to Turku, and number 120.
By Public Transportation
Nuuksio is easily accessible by public transportation.
- To the eastern or northern parts of the park, take the bus 245(A) (reittiopas.fi) from Espoo Centre (Espoon keskus). In the summer it gets you to Kattila in Nuuksio, but in the winter it terminates at Nuuksionpää. Trains (E, U, L and X) run to Espoo Centre from for example Helsinki. The regional ticket (‘seutulippu') is valid 80 min's on local trains and busses.
- If going to Haukkalampi, the nearest bus stop is about 2 km away, at the fork of the road to Haukkalampi.
- To the southern part of the Park, take the bus 238 (reittiopas.fi) from Leppävaara in Espoo. Trains run to Leppävaara from for example Helsinki. The regional ticket (‘seutulippu') is valid for 80 min's on local trains and busses.
- To the western side of the park, to Tervalampi, take a coach from Helsinki. The coaches are operated by Pohjolan liikenne (liput.matkahuolto.fi). From Tervalampi it is about 2 km walk to the park.
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Nuuksio (www.journey.fi)
- Going to the eastern or northern parts of the Park, drive on the Nupurintie Road (road number 110, old Turku road), and then turn to Brobackantie Road towards north in Nupuri. Later Brobackantie road changes to Nuuksiontie road. Drive Nuuksiontie road past Solvalla a couple of kilometres. Turn left at the National Park sign, if going to Haukkalampi. If going to Kattila, in the northern part of the Park, stay on the Nuuksiontie road (also called Kattilantie) until it ends.
- To get to the southern part of the Park, from Brobackantie Road follow the signs to Siikajärvi.
- To the western parts, drive via Veikkola.
- Haukkalammentie can become congested from time to time. Weekends from May to September are most crowded. Parking on the shoulder is strictly prohibited to ensure constant access for emergency vehicles. For visitors arriving by car, the best starting points for excursions are the parking areas of Kattila, Högbacka, and Siikaniemi. Haukkalampi can also be reached on foot from the Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, but the hiking trail is challenging.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
Starting Points for Excursions
- The parking areas are at Haukkalampi (Haukkalammentie 32, Espoo, main information point, eastern part), Högbacka (Kattilantie, Espoo, northern part), Kattila (Kattilantie, Vihti, northern part), Siikaniemi (Kolmoislammenranta, Espoo, southern part), Hotelli Nuuksio (Naruportintie 70, Kirkkonummi, southern part), Veikkola (Soidentaantie, Kirkkonummi, southern part) and near Lake Kurjolampi (Valklammentie, Vihti, western part).
- Starting Points for Trails