Main information point in Liminka Bay area is the Liminka Bay Visitor Centre.
Services Provided by the Cooperation Parties in the Liminka Bay Area
The campfire sites are located close to the birdwatching towers:
- The Virkkula campfire site next to the visitor centre
- The Puhkiavanperä campfire site
- The Temmesjoki campfire site
- The Papinkari campfire site
- The Sannanlahti campfire site
- There are several shops in the Liminka Bay area, where you can buy snacks for your excursion.
- If a forest fire warning is in effect, the lighting of a fire is only allowed in fireplaces that are located in cooking shelters. When a forest fire warning is in effect, the lighting of campfires is forbidden, even at the campfire sites. For additional information about lighting campfires at designated spots, see the more detailed instructions in the section Hiking in Finland.
- You must bring your own drinking water. You may fill your water bottle at the Liminganlahti Visitor Centre.
- Read about the drinking water tips in the section Hiking in Finland.
Apart from the Liminka Bay Visitor Centre, there are no waste bins in the area, so visitors must take their litter away with them. This makes it the responsibility of each hiker to bring the waste they accumulate during their trips to a recycling point. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Read more about Hiking without littering.
- There is a recycling point at the Liminganlahti Visitor Centre (board, glass, metal and mixed waste).
- The Liminganlahti Visitor Centre has a toilet, as well as a toilet for the disabled (including a babycare table).
- There is a dry toilet in the visitor centre's yard.
- There are accommodation services and a camping ground in the Liminka Bay area. Read more about accommodation (www.visitliminka.fi).
Pitching a Tent
- It is possible to pitch a tent in the yard of the Liminka Bay Visitor Centre. Enquire at the visitor centre.
- There are no designated tent sites elsewhere in the area.
Services for the Disabled
- There is a wheelchair ramp to the visitor centre.
- There are two disabled parking spaces in the parking area.
- The visitor centre has a toilet for the disabled.
- Close to the visitor centre, you will find the Virkkula birdwatching tower, which is accessible by wheelchair.
- The auditorium is able to accommodate several wheelchairs at a time.
- The exhibition can be toured by wheelchair.
- There is room for about twenty wheelchairs at a time at the café. Meals for groups, requires booking in advance. We will be able to observe your special dietary requirements.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- You can find information on the other services in the area on Liminka's website (www.liminka.fi).