- The Lentua Nature Reserve is located some 15 km from Kuhmo. You can best access the area by turning from the Kuhmo - Suomussalmi road (No. 912) to Lentuankoskentie Road (No. 91283). Drive for about 3 km, and turn right to Niska-ahontie Road. After 2 km you'll reach the Lentua parking area and the Lentuan Rental Lapp Hut.
- If you use a navigator, please, write an address Niska-ahontie 200, 88900 Kuhmo.
- There is a parking area on the northern side of the Lentuankoski Rapids and an information board as well as a boat launch by .
- Lake Lentua can also be accessed from several points along the Kuhmo - Suomussalmi road (No. 912) where the road runs close to the lake. The same applies to the Kuhmo - Moisiovaara road (No. 907) and the village of Timoniemi.
- Driving directions to Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola.
By Public Transportation
Lentua Nature Reserve cannot be reached by public transportation. There are buses travelling on the main roads that will take you close to the Lentua Nature Reserve. For timetables, please visit the Matkahuolto (www.matkahuolto.fi) website.
Starting Points for Excursions
- The principal information point in Lentua is the Lentua Rental Lapp Hut, which can be found at the head of the Lentuankoski Rapids at the southern end of the lake. There is also a concrete boat ramp by the lake.
- The Lentua Rental Lapp Hut also has a starting point for the Lentua Nature Trail, which introduces visitors to the restoration of forests and mires.
Map of Lentua Nature Trail
- Terrain maps Q541 Kuhmo, Q542 Lentua, 1:50 000. Maps are sold by well-stocked bookstores, Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Terrain maps 4413 Kuhmo and 4414 Lentiira, 1:50 000. The maps can be purchased from the National Land Survey of Finland, Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Basic maps Q5414 Kuhmo, Q5423 Lentuankylä, 1:25 000. Maps are sold by well-stocked bookstores, Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Terrain maps 4413: 06, 09, 4414: 04, 07, 1:20 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus, the National Land Survey of Finland and by well-stocked bookstores.
- GT tiekartta Itä-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland East, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- A depth profile has been created for Lake Lentua. For information on lake charts, contact the Finnish Maritime Administration.
Map Sales Points