Lauhanvuori National Park is located on the boundary of South Ostrobothnia and Satakunta Regions, about 90 km from the towns of Seinäjoki or Pori, and about 140 km from the towns of Tampere or Vaasa.
- The way to the National Park is signposted from the directions of Isojoki and Kauhajoki.
- To the National Park drive on Kauhajoki-Honkajoki road (no 44).
- From Isojoki drive via Sarviluoma road.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
By Public Transportation
- The nearest bus stops are at Muurahainen (Kauhajoki) and Sarviluoma th (Isojoki, "th" meaning crossroads). From Muurahainen you get straight to Lauhanvuori hiking trails. It is 7,5 km from Sarviluoma crossroads to the starting point of the nearest hiking trail.
- Public transportation routes and timetables are very challenging for Lauhanvuori nationalpark's hikers. Matkahuolto (www.matkahuolto.fi) and Journey.fi provide real time information on routes and timetables.
Starting Points for Excursions
- The parking areas are located at Lauhanvuori Hill (Lauhanvuorentie, Isojoki) and Lake Spitaalijärvi (Isojoki).
- More precise parking area addresses are not available. Parking area addresses are in Finnish to be used in navigators.
- Terrain map N332, 1:50 000. Map is sold by well-stocked bookstores, Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Peruskartat: Base maps, 1:20 000, nos 1233 06, 1233 09, 1234 04, 1234 05, 1234 07 and 1234 08, and the reduction of the base map, 1:50 000, no 1234 2. Maps are sold by well-stocked bookstores, Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Retkeily GT Länsi-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland West, 2015, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points