What can one do in Langinkoski Nature Reserve?
There are no marked trails in the area, but many footpaths crisscross the area. The main routes are clearly visible in the forest and they are also marked in the maps.
See the Sights and Scenery
Langinkoski Rapids are a popular place for fly fishing Salmon (Salmo salar) and and Trout (Salmo trutta).
- Permits: The fly fishing area is only for 8 fishermen at the same time. Permits can be bought from www.eraluvat.fi (www.eraluvat.fi).
- Rules and Regulations
- Fishing is only allowed with traditional fly fishing gear.
- In the fly fishing area, permits are sold only for 8 fishermen at the same time. If you rent the rapids as a whole, 15 people are allowed to fish there at the same time.
- The Kymijoki River has native salmon and sea trout populations. To protect these populations, catching native fish (i.e. fish with their adipose fin intact) is prohibited. There are no plantings at Langinkoski Rapids, but other sections of the Kymijoki River are stocked with migratory fry of salmon and sea trout (i.e. fish without adipose fins).
- Fishers need to check the restrictions on fishing sites at kalastusrajoitus.fi (In Finnish).
- Langinkoski is a protected area: moving on the river banks you should follow the established footpaths to avoid wearing of the ground.