Customer Service and Guidance
- Ekenäs Nature Centre
- The island of Jussarö has a hostel, a marina, a seashore sauna and a café-restaurant. Boat trips from the mainland to the archipelago are also arranged.
- Guide services
- Rödjan House and Nature Information Hut
- All the facilities on the grounds of the Rödjan House have free access. Groups may visit the Nature Information Hut by appointment. For further information please contact Ekenäs Nature Centre.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
Meals, where to buy and prepare
Campfire sites are located on
- Fladalandet and
Making open fires is always prohibited at both marked campfire sites and when fires are permitted by the land owner if a forest fire warning has been issued for the area (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue.
There are no waste bins in the National Park. Visitors need to take their waste to the mainland. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. The nearest places with waste bins are in Baggö, Sommarö and Predium.
There are dry toilets on Rödjan, Modermagan, Fladalandet and Jussarö.
- There is a camping site at Rödjan on Älgö.
- The other camping sites in the park are located on Modermagan, Fladalandet and Jussarö.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
There are a lot of alternatives for accommodation in the town of Raseborg, more information from the tourist office
- Nylands friluftsområden rf (Recreation Area Association) has a free sauna on Byxholmen, nearby the National Park.
Services for Boaters
- In the National Park area, there are five metres deep routes south of Skedö and south of Hästö Busö. These routes between Helsinki and Hanko are quite busy with boats.
- The outer archipelago route between Helsinki and Hanko.
Harbours in the National Park area. The coordinates are given using the WGS-84 Coordinate System.
- Älgö, Rödjan, 59°51,9´ 23°23,7 ´. Depth 1 - 2 metres. Mooring max. 12 hours. On the rock about 200 metres west of Rödjan, there are loops where mooring time is not limited.
- Modermagan, 59°51,4´ 23°25,7´. Boats which are able to move in shallow water, can anchor in the bay in the southern side of the island, where depth at the threshold is 1 metre.
- Fladalandet, 59°51,2´ 23°24,5´ .
- Trelänningen, 59°50,4´ 23°23,0´. Depth 1,5 - 3,5 metres. Anchoring is not allowed in the bay of the strait going south-east, because the bottom flora in the area is rare in Finnish conditions.
- Jussarö, 59°49,8' 23°34,4'. Landing is allowed on the eastern side of the island. On the western side, moving is allowed only on the nature trails.
Guest and Service Harbours
Harbours near the National Park. The coordinates are given using the WGS-84 Coordinate System.
- Tammisaari, Pohjoissatama (North Harbour), 59°58,6' 23°26,0', guestharbours. Boat ramp.
- Sommarö, 59°54,1' 23°24,7', service harbour. Boat ramp.
- Sommarö, 59°53,9' 23°24,9' , visitors´ berth. Boat ramp.
More information from Ekenäs Nature Centre.
At boat launching places there are ramps in the following locations:
There are petrol stations at Skåldö fiskebod Shop, located at Sommarö in Skärlandet, by the Nature Centre in Ekenäs Guest Harbour, and Predium in Lappohja.
In Ekenäs Guest Harbour there are a café, a sauna, showers, washing machines, place to dispose of toilet waste, recycling point for household waste and electricity for boats.
Services for the Disabled
There are no special services in the National Park area.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area