Oulanka National Park
- Kitkajoki river on early winter. Photo: Olli Lamminsalo
- Pastel colour on a short winter day. Photo: Hannu Hautala
- Hiker on Jyrävä falls. Photo: Minna Koramo / Parks and Wildlife Finland
- Winter in Oulanka National Park. Photo: Hannu Hautala
- Kiutaköngäs rapids. Photo: Ismo Pekkarinen
- Mystic summer morning in Kitkajoki valley. Photo: Ismo Pekkarinen
- The fall colors in Oulanka National Park. Photo: Ismo Pekkarinen
- Oulanka National Park meadows. Photo: Juho Määttä
- SUP paddling.in Oulankajoki river. Photo: Laura Johansson
- Kitkajoki on russet time. Photo: Ismo Pekkarinen
In the rugged landscape of the Karhunkierros Trail, you will observe the power of water. The many trail options and hanging bridges of the Oulanka National Park will take you to the most impressive waterfalls in Finland. The jumps of wild brown trout, the dives of European dippers, the unlimited beauty of the aapa mires and the lovely calypso will challenge even the experienced nature photographer.
Nature doesn't recognise any state boundaries: the vast wilderness of the Paanajärvi National Park is to be found on the Russian side of the border.
These routes cannot be reached in winter (no snow plowing to departure points):Könkään kuohu easy access trail (200 m), Kanjonin kurkkaus trail (6 km), Keroharjun kuiskaus trail (17 km). Read more about our accessible Winter Trails.