The National Park is situated in the outer archipelago, in the southern part of the Southwestern Archipelago. The National Park can only be reached by sea.
There are free ferry services to all the inhabited islands. Of these, there are National Park services on the Jurmo Island, Björkö Island and the Berghamn Island in the municipality of Pargas (Parainen), and on the islands of Holma and Högsåra in the municipality of Kimitoön (Kemiönsaari).
- From Kimitoön (Kemiönsaari):
- Holma island for the early riser with ms Stella "Hiittisten reittialue" (www.kuljetus-savolainen.fi, in Finnish). Departure from Kasnäs.
- Högsåra ferry timetables (www.finferries.fi). Departure from Svartnäs in Kasnäs. Roads are narrow and there is limited parking space on the Högsåra Island. Cars should be left at the Svartnäs parking place.
- Local entrepreneurs provide transport services to Örö island. During the summer service is available on a daily basis and in other times according to demand. More (www.visitörö.fi).
- From Pargas (Parainen):
- Ferry timetables: To Berghamn with ms Cheri (www.ferryway.fi, in Finnish and Swedish), departure from Pärnäs (Pärnäinen) or Kirjais (Kirjainen).
- Ferry timetable: To Berghamn, Utö and Jurmo islands with ms Eivor (www.ely-keskus.fi, in Finnish), departure from Pärnäs (Pärnäinen).
- Ferry timetable: To Björkö with ms Nordep (www.ferryway.fi, in Finnish and Swedish), departure from Kirjainen (Kirjais).
There are buses going from Turku and Helsinki to the ferry departure points at Kasnäs (in Kimitoön), Prostvik and Pärnäs (in Pargas). Timetables can be found on the Matkahuolto web site (www.matkahuolto.fi)
By Boat or by Kayak
The area can be reached by boat or by kayak. Coordinates for the islands are listed on the page Services in Archipelago National Park.
- All the guestharbours and boat ramps in the Archipelago Sea area are listed in a book called Käyntisatamat - Besökshamnar (www.finnlake.com), which is published annually.
- Enterprises and organisations offer boat trips to the National Park. It is also possible to rent a motor or a sailing boat.
- It is possible to canoe to the islands of the National Park, but you should be experienced in sea kayaking to do so. Enterprises offer sea kayaking tours and courses and rent kayaks and kayaking equipment.
By Car or by Bicycle
- It is possible to drive to Högsåra Island. Roads are narrow and there is limited parking space on the island. Cars should be left at the Svartnäs parking place.
- You can get to all the ports of departure by car.
Starting Points for Excursions
- Ferry service harbours
- Kasnäs, Kimitoön (Kemiönsaari)
- Kirjais (Kirjainen), Pargas (Parainen)
- Pärnäs (Pärnäinen), Pargas (Parainen)
- Good starting points for kayakers
- Kasnäs, Kimitoön (Kemiönsaari)
- Korpoström, Pargas (Parainen)
- Starting Points for Nature Trails
- Nautical chart series D, 1:50 000. The map is sold in guest harbours, boating equipment stores, and well-stocked bookstores.
- Coastal charts 22-25 ja 27-28, 1:50 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus.
- Terrain maps K324, K323, L313, L331, K342 and K341, 1:50 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Åland, Åboland, touring and cycling map, 1:100 000, 2009. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Retkeily GT Etelä-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland South, 2012, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Waterproof water touring map Hiittinen Tulliniemi Paraisten portti, 1:60 000, Karttakeskus 2017. Map is sold by Karttakeskus.
Map Sales Points